Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Friday 10 April 2015, 1 p.m.
SAGE Garden, Moruya
Present: Kate Raymond, Stuart Whitelaw, Hughen McConaghy
Apologies: Penny Cook, Geoff Scott, Isabelle Hennequin, Martin, Gribble, Sandra Makdessi
2. Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were accepted by Kate and seconded by Stuart.
- E-commerce – Kate presented the results of the customer survey. People who had used the market and not returned generally would like:
- A simpler method of collection, preferably with most of their order collated.
- Better signage for the stalls (this has been actioned).
- ‘Put-aways’ – This is being addressed and Kate is amending the rules to allow for pre-orders from commercial operators.
- As there were only 3 in attendance, the media strategy discussion was postponed until the next meeting.
3. Financial Report
Geoff provided the current financial report by email.
4. Any other business
- Stuart advised that the Chamber of Commerce is pursuing the idea of ‘Market Tuesday’ in Moruya to involve the whole town.
- Kate advised that Barrabarroo Meats would be attending the markets as a regular. There was discussion regarding the provenance of their meat, and following subsequent clarifications their attendance was allowed. They will be among the first of the new stallholders to be inspected.
- Kate and Stuart have been invited to attend a start up meeting for a farmers market at Ulladulla.
Next Meeting: Friday 8 May and in Penny’s absence for April and May Stuart will record the minutes.
No further business. The meeting closed at 2.00 p.m.