Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Thursday 3 April 2014, 10.00 a.m.
SAGE Garden, Moruya
Present: Kate Raymond, Stuart Whitelaw, Geoff Scott, Hughen McConaghy
Apologies: Isabelle Hennequin, Vivienne Moss, Sandra Makdessi, Penny Cook
2. Minutes of previous meeting
Kate proposed minor amendment to previous minutes:
Kate also mentioned a conversation she had had with Inky Smudge re IP and ‘they will not be making any claim with regards to intellectual property of the website’
Minutes were accepted by Kate and seconded by Stuart.
- Farm visits –Sandra at Bodalla Milk has left the markets, so Queen Street growers will be visited Wednesday April 9.
- Graphic Design brief – awaiting first draft designs.
- River Cottage – they will be at the markets on 29 April for a free cooking demonstration using market produce. Kate will post advance notification on facebook.
- SEED survey- Kate will liaise with survey volunteers to decide on first survey time
- Delicious Magazine ‘Outstanding Farmers market of the Year’ – application form has been submitted by Kate.
- Workshops by Rob Fenton – a joint initiative of SAGE and ESC. Rob will conduct 2 local workshops looking at marketing for small farm enterprises. Kate will keep in Contact with Sarah Cooper of ESC.
- Market Licence- No official notification regarding renewal as yet.
- Council internal PA – An announcement about the markets on the Council PA network is not possible.
3. Financial Report
4. Any other business
- Pavilion at Riverside Park – No advice from Council as yet.
- Wet weather market covers: there was again discussion about trialling a 6×3 metre gazebo over the pathway for a wet weather cover. If a stallholder is willing to transport and arrange erection/take down then we could purchase and trial a gazebo. We can then offer a wet weather ‘we will be there’ assurance to customers and stallholders. The last wet weather market (big rain) saw a halving of stalls.
- Fabric Bags- Kate will contact Helen Fisher from Yumaro regarding the supply of calico bags for the market. It was agreed that we would have trouble selling them at $20, and would like to explore other options with them.
Next Meeting – 10am Thursday 1 May at the SAGE Garden (Kate’s place if raining).
No further business. The meeting closed at 11.15 a.m.