6 February 2015

Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting

Friday 6 February 2015, 1 p.m.

SAGE Garden, Moruya

1. Attendance/apologies

Present: Kate Raymond, Stuart Whitelaw, Penny Cook, Geoff Scott, Sandra Makdessi, Isabelle Hennequin, Hughen McConaghy, Martin Gribble

2. Minutes of previous meeting

Minutes were accepted by Stuart and seconded by Kate.

Matters arising

  • DL flyer – Kate advised there will be some small changes made to the next iteration – ‘now online’ and more food photos. She will email the proof to the committee.
    • Kate
  • Costs for temporary stallholders – this was discussed at the stallholders’ meeting and following discussion around holding stall spaces for producers who don’t advise of their absence, how to achieve a stronger commitment, etc. Kate will draft some words for the ruling and send them out to the committee.
    • Kate
  • Sale of prawns – Kate will send wording out to the committee for approval.
    • Kate
  • E-commerce – the launch went well but there is concern about the lack of products for our first ‘public’ week as a number of producers have pulled out. Costs for producers was discussed and it was agreed that we should keep these to a minimum as much as possible.

3. Financial Report

Geoff presented the financial report which was accepted by Hughen and seconded by Isabelle.

4. Any other business

  • Survey by Bethany Turner – Kate advised that this is slowly coming together. They will be conducting the customer survey online and Emma is organising to come and interview the stallholders shortly.
  • Congestion – the fish line is working well leaving a gap for the traffic on the path. Ross Hayward’s suggestions were noted and it was agreed to keep a watching brief on how things go throughout the year. It was also agreed that the online shop should allay these concerns to a great extent.
  • New banners – Stuart showed the artwork for the banners which will go at the roundabout and bridge, plus some of the tree guards on market day, and a larger banner for the Tourist Info Centre at the Bay. It was agreed to go ahead with the purchase of the full set. SAGE will be joining the tourism group.
    • Stuart
  • For those who weren’t at the previous meeting Stuart showed his concept for the new pavilion. It will be a large undertaking for the future but sowing the seed has been successful so far.

Next Meeting: Friday 6 March 1.00 p.m. at SAGE Garden.

No further business. The meeting closed at 2.00 p.m.