Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Friday 6 February 2015, 1 p.m.
SAGE Garden, Moruya
Present: Kate Raymond, Stuart Whitelaw, Penny Cook, Geoff Scott, Sandra Makdessi, Isabelle Hennequin, Hughen McConaghy, Martin Gribble
2. Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were accepted by Stuart and seconded by Kate.
- DL flyer – Kate advised there will be some small changes made to the next iteration – ‘now online’ and more food photos. She will email the proof to the committee.
- Costs for temporary stallholders – this was discussed at the stallholders’ meeting and following discussion around holding stall spaces for producers who don’t advise of their absence, how to achieve a stronger commitment, etc. Kate will draft some words for the ruling and send them out to the committee.
- Sale of prawns – Kate will send wording out to the committee for approval.
- E-commerce – the launch went well but there is concern about the lack of products for our first ‘public’ week as a number of producers have pulled out. Costs for producers was discussed and it was agreed that we should keep these to a minimum as much as possible.
3. Financial Report
Geoff presented the financial report which was accepted by Hughen and seconded by Isabelle.
4. Any other business
- Survey by Bethany Turner – Kate advised that this is slowly coming together. They will be conducting the customer survey online and Emma is organising to come and interview the stallholders shortly.
- Congestion – the fish line is working well leaving a gap for the traffic on the path. Ross Hayward’s suggestions were noted and it was agreed to keep a watching brief on how things go throughout the year. It was also agreed that the online shop should allay these concerns to a great extent.
- New banners – Stuart showed the artwork for the banners which will go at the roundabout and bridge, plus some of the tree guards on market day, and a larger banner for the Tourist Info Centre at the Bay. It was agreed to go ahead with the purchase of the full set. SAGE will be joining the tourism group.
- For those who weren’t at the previous meeting Stuart showed his concept for the new pavilion. It will be a large undertaking for the future but sowing the seed has been successful so far.
Next Meeting: Friday 6 March 1.00 p.m. at SAGE Garden.
No further business. The meeting closed at 2.00 p.m.