Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Thursday 6 November 2014, 12 p.m.
SAGE Garden, Moruya
Present: Kate Raymond, Stuart Whitelaw, Penny Cook, Hughen McConaghy, Isabelle Hennequin, Martin Gribble, Sandra Makdessi
Apologies: Geoff Scott
Sandra tabled an email received from Jill Riches at the council advising we had been successful in receiving a Healthy Communities or Seniors Week grant this year, and inviting someone to the celebratory afternoon tea on Tuesday 18 November. Sandra will attend this.
3. Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were accepted by Martin and seconded by Isabelle.
- Stallholders meeting – the meeting went well and the following matters were discussed:
- E-commerce – every stall is now on the website
- primary/secondary ratio
- starting time
- position of the proposed pavilion – see later in minutes
- Bumper stickers – these are ready to pick up.
- Information flyer – progressing.
- EI study – Penny advised 582 people were counted at the most recent survey day, and 142 people were surveyed. This data will be entered onto a spread sheet and into the SEED program. Penny will begin surveying local businesses soon.
- Pavilion – the siting of this was explained to the stallholders at their recent meeting and they all said they would not move if it was built on the other side of the car park. Kate will draft a letter to the council advising.
- Shane Davidson activity trailer – this has been happening for the past three markets and appears to be very popular.
- Seating area – it was suggested to trial this during the summer. Kate will mention the importance of the tree in the letter to the council.
- Egg stamping – the start date for this requirement is 26/11 and will be the responsibility of producers.
- Letter to Shoalhaven Mushrooms – changes were agreed to and Kate will send it off.
4. Financial Report
No report was available in Geoff’s absence.
5. Any other business
- Summer crowds – the issue of congestion around the fish stall was discussed and will be dealt with at the time.
- Christmas market – thoughts about what can be done for the Tuesday before Christmas (Santa, etc.)
- Temporary/permanent fees – after discussion Penny moved that temporary stallholder fees be increased to double that of permanent stallholders. Seconded Stuart. Carried.
- Discussion re how to identify primary and secondary/tertiary producers. An application has recently come from Barrabaroo Farm Fresh Meat. Kate will scrutinise the application to ascertain their status before agreeing or not.
Next Meeting – 4 December at 12 p.m. at SAGE Garden.
No further business. The meeting closed at 1 p.m.