Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Thursday 8 May 2014, 11.00 a.m.
SAGE Garden, Moruya
Present: Kate Raymond, Sandra Makdessi, Stuart Whitelaw, Penny Cook
Apologies: Isabelle Hennequin, Hughen McConaghy, Geoff Scott
Penny advised that Vivienne has resigned from the committee.
2. Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were accepted by Kate and seconded by Stuart.
- Farm visits – the next visit will be with Isabelle or if that doesn’t suit, then Greta.
- Graphic Design – almost completed
- Calico bags – still no response.
- SEED survey – Kate will make another call for volunteers shortly and the first survey day will be in July.
- ESC business development – discussion about the possibility of funding for the market flyer. Kate will discuss this with Sarah Cooper and, if it’s to go ahead, talk to Poppin Designs about the design.
3. Financial Report
As per Geoff’s email – see attached.
Stuart will organise payment for the video which is being edited at the moment.
4. Any other business
- Changes to the rules re plants and plant products were unanimously adopted by the committee.
- Food Authority clearance – Kate advised that all meat and fish sellers at the markets had Food Authority clearance.
- Stuart talked about Alda’s stories from the refuge which could be turned into anonymous stories for the website.
- Kate is preparing a draft proposal for the revamping of all the relevant SAGE websites when the new graphics come to hand.
- Sandra recommended that the ad in the Moruya Public School newsletter be continued this term – agreed. She will also talk to Steve Babbage at St Peters about a similar thing for their newsletter.
- Sandra advised she would be recommending to the SAGE executive that all the farmers market stall holders be invited to the second Bruce Davidson workshop for the cost of $25 for the book only. This was applauded as a good initiative.
Next Meeting – It was decided to skip the June meeting so our next meeting will be on 3 July at 10 am at the SAGE Garden.
No further business. The meeting closed at 12 p.m.