Minutes of Farmers Market Committee Meeting
Thursday 14 March 2013, 5.00 pm
Present: Stuart Whitelaw, Hughen McConaghy, Adrian Cram, Kate Raymond, Penny Cook, Geoff Scott
Apologies: Sandra Makdessi
2. Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were accepted by Hughen and seconded by Kate.
- All-weather venue – Stuart has drawn a plan of the proposed structure which was published in the Bay Post. Lindsay Usher is to take up the cause and will meet with Stuart soon.
- Rules and regulations – discussion about the required insurance. It was agreed that stall holders should have $10m public liability and $10m product insurance.
- Stuart will check with Council’s risk manager about this.
- Launch of permanent markets – Kate advised David Callan (PR/prof entertainer) is happy to be MC for the day.
- Penny will contact people in Cobargo about the young magician, ‘The Trickster’.
- Further ideas for the day to wait for Sandra’s input.
3. Food for musicians
It was agreed that any musicians who play for free at the markets will be offered some produce to take home.
4. Progress of official launch
See ‘Matters arising’ above.
5. Discussion of draft rules and regulations
Kate talked to the Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations she had developed. Each item was looked at and changes agreed to if necessary. It was agreed that, following the final OK from the committee, Kate will disperse copies to all stall holders at the next market to be followed a week or so later with a meeting between the committee and the stall holders for any discussion about the document.
The committee thanked Kate for all the great work she has done on this document.
Kate will draft a final copy and send to committee members for the final OK. Then she will give a copy to each stall holder and advise them of a follow-up meeting.
No further business. Meeting closed at 7pm.